Some courses benefit from additional sections to organize students/participants for a variety of reasons. Course Manager makes new section creation quick and easy by uploading a simple CSV file.
Tip: Authorized users can add sections on the fly when adding U-M or non-U-M users with this tool. See the help documentation for these features for more information.
Who Can Create Sections
Section creation activities in this tool are limited to administrator roles:
- Root Account Administrator
- Sub-Account Administrator
- Support Consultant
- Teachers and other course managers, please request assistance by contacting email@example.com.
How to Create Sections
- Click the Create Sections button on the Canvas Course Manager landing page.
- Prepare and save a CSV file for upload (you can download an example file).
- When your file is saved, drag and drop the file, or click the link Browse Your Files.
- Your file will display on the screen. Verify the results and click Submit. Click Cancel to Abort.
Tip: Removing or editing sections must be done using the Canvas section editing tools.