Format Third-Party Gradebook
This feature converts CSV files from third-party tools that are not integrated with Canvas to a new format that can be used to import grades into the Canvas Gradebook. This tool can be used to trim the third-party data to selected course sections. To import the new CSV to the gradebook, see the Canvas gradebook import function.
Who Can Use Format Third-Party Gradebook
- Root Account Administrator
- Sub-Account Administrator
- Support Consultant
- Teachers and other course managers who have access to the course gradebook features
How to Use Format Third-Party Gradebook
- Click the Format Third‑Party Gradebook button on the Canvas Course Manager landing page.
- Select one or more sections that contain the students you want in the generated grade import CSV file.
- Download the example CSV file, if needed.
- Prepare and save your CSV file following the onscreen instructions for header and row content.
- Drag and drop, or click the link to upload your saved CSV file.
- The tool will create a grades CSV file that contains only the data for designated course sections and download it back to your computer.
- Review the generated file and import the grades into your Canvas gradebook..